Moving house is one of the biggest stressors most people will face in their adult years: it’s a time consuming endeavour whereby everything had to go just right, with nearly a million things to remember or keep in mind. A professional Manchester removals company, such as Man and Van Simply, can help make the big day go as smoothly as possible.
Man and Van Simply is one of the top removal services in Manchester and the greater Manchester area, offering up our team of highly trained and courteous staff to help pack, move, and store your belongings, no matter what your moving needs are. And all of our men and vans are fully insured, giving you the peace of mind on the big day that your belongings are safe with us.
In an effort to continue making our clients lives just a little bit easier, we’ve compiled a list of the top five things you should remember when packing, to go along with our advice on moving. Follow these tips and you’re sure to have an easier time moving!
Manchester Removals Advice: Five Tips on Packing
- Use the opportunity to clear things out. You will come to quickly realise that packing up an entire home, where you and your family or loved ones have lived for years, is a monumental task. One of the best ways to kill two birds with one stone is to have a clear out while you’re packing. Make piles for donations, to sell, etc and watch the amount you have to pack shrink!
- Have a box for essentials. You are going to need a few things on your first night in your new home, so pack up all the essentials into one box you can easily access. Things like toiletries, the kettle and tea bags, hair dryer, etc.
- Laundry first. Don’t pack dirty clothes! It may seem obvious, but you are going to have enough work unpacking and setting up your new home, don’t add laundry to the list!
- Colour-code your boxes. Mark your boxes with coloured stickers or post-its so the movers and your family have an easy way of telling which boxes go in which rooms
- Weight issues. It may go without saying, but if you overfill that box with heavy stuff you’ll never be able to move it. Half fill heavy boxes, pack in towels or clothes with books, and utilize your rolling luggage collection!
For All Your Manchester Removal Needs, Call Man and Van Simply!
Moving day can be stressful, so why not hire a helping hand (or several!)? Man and Van Simply is available any time of day, any day of the year, including late nights, early mornings, and weekends. We work around you and your schedule to ensure moving day is as hassle free as possible. Call your Manchester Removal service Man and Van Simply today on 0800 8620 347 for a free quote!